Jun 19, 2011, 11:48 PM EDT
Phillies reliever Mike Stutes has made a quick impression on Philadelphia fans, mostly by turning into a very reliable arm out of the pen in his first season in the bigs, but also for bringing some flare to the team along with his game.
Stutes brought even more of his personality to the Internet this weekend by embracing Twitter at the behest of former minor league teammate Michael Schwimer. Stutes presence on Twitter seems to be a welcomed one, with the youngster taking more of a Logan Morrison-like approach to the social networking site as opposed to the official-PR-release-like approach of his teammate, Jimmy Rollins.
In fact, Morrison — the Florida Marlins legendary Twit — has already welcomed the Phillie to the site in a way only he could.
LoMo tweeted the following late Sunday evening, “Easy Philly fans, @mikestutes might be the new stud in Twittertown but he’s still just a fluffer in my porno…”
And Stutes responded in kind, “@LoMoMarlins I now see why your a legend on here.”
Tweet recognize tweet, as the kids say.
Stutes seems to understand the service quite well, and has been answering many fan questions, even asking fans whether he should cut his hair or not. I’m going to assume that was a rhetorical question.
It’s all fun and games for the Phillies young, popular reliever now, but how will he respond to criticism when he allows a few runs in a big situation?
Only time will tell.
|Tom on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|thekrisheim on Video proof that Wayne Simmond…|
|philsoc8 on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|psudrozz on Photo: Claude Giroux can do an…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return