May 8, 2011, 11:41 PM EDT
Sure, the Phils lost to the Braves 5-2 tonight, but thanks to the tireless efforts of the ESPN production team we can now confirm that there’s a veritable cornucopia of establishments in the Philadelphia area serving cheesesteaks.
The existence of these “cheesesteak” sandwiches was first brought to light last Sunday during ESPN’s presentation of the Phillies/Mets game. Not content to rest on their investigative reporting laurels the ESPN crew ventured back out into the field and silenced those skeptics who remained unconvinced that such a sandwich was made here in our fair city.
In fact, *Buster Olney spent his entire sixty second in-game dugout feature listing nothing but various cheesesteak combinations: “American wit, Whiz wit, American witout, Whiz witout, pizza steak, cheesesteak hoagie, Provolone wit, Provolone witout…” and on he went.
It’s Joe Blanton (back from the DL) versus Javier Vazquez as the Phils host visit the Marlins Monday night. Cheesesteaks.
* Not remotely true. Although, it may have actually happened. I blacked out after the 32nd shot of a cheesesteak.
|Marianne on Cole Hamels could miss all of…|
|teguhp63 on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|33 on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|sfsu on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return