Jul 9, 2011, 1:16 AM EDT
First they battled the rain, then they battled each other. The Phillies and Braves fight for NL East supremacy lived up to the hype on a wet Friday evening at Citizens Bank Park.
Roy Halladay was his usual fantastic self despite getting thrown off his regimented routine by the awful weather and subsequent rain delay. Michael Stutes, Antonio Bastardo, and Juan Perez (!?!) were spectacular working a scoreless inning of relief apiece.
And Raul Ibanez destroyed a baseball in the bottom of the tenth to give an absolute perfect reward to the fans who toughed out the night in South Philadelphia.
With the win, the Phillies assured themselves first place in the East heading into the All-Star break by pushing their lead to 3.5 games over the Bravos.
And just how sweet was Raul’s walkoff blast? Oh, it was ripped and it was beautiful.
For more on the game:
>>Ibanez blasts walk-off homer to give Phillies win [CSN]
Photos by US PRESSWIRE
Here’s more on the game from Wheels and T-Mac:
|yishmeister on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Reneecel on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|willh888 on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money