May 14, 2012, 10:53 AM EST
If you grew up a sports fan in the Philadelphia area during the late 90′s, you probably had a pair of your own. For whatever reason, the pair I had were the baby blue colorway, but make no mistake, I got them because of the No. 3 on them. I’m pretty sure they may still be in a box in the garage at my parents’ house. But now I can get a fresh and new pair.
On May 25, Reebok will re-release the original Allen Iverson Question sneakers in the red and white colorway. It will be the first time those kicks hit store shelves in a decade and a half.
Friend of the Level and Slam writer Tzvi Twersky recently had the opportunity to sit down with Allen to talk about the sneakers as well as a whole bunch of other interesting stuff. Like that one time A.I. crossed over Michael Jordan.
Iverson:“Everybody talks about that
one when they first meet me. ‘Man, I still remember the play you shook
Jordan.’ Everybody gonna always remember it because it was Jordan. And,
you know, Mike’s probably been shook before—somebody probably got him
before—but right there, at the top of the key like that, with everybody
watching. That’s the only reason I did it the second time is because I
seen how hard he bit when I wasn’t even doing a move, I was setting a
move up. I said, ‘oh, he’s biting hard.’”
The whole interview is worth a read and updates us on A.I.’s current plans. Yes, he’s still hitting up T.G.I. Friday’s on the reg and plans to play ball in China.
>>“People would go crazy over these shoes” [Slam]
Photos from Slam
I used to love this commercial:
|BenE. on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|Mick on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|mike on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|Z on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages