May 29, 2012, 10:44 AM EDT
There’s certainly about to be some turnover on the roster, but it doesn’t look like the head coach will be going anywhere.
“Harris said Sunday that Collins’ contract, which is guaranteed for one more year and contains a club option for the 2013-14 season, probably will be extended soon.
“We haven’t sat down and had that discussion yet, but we want Doug to be here a long, long time,” Harris said. “We consider Doug a real asset of the organization.”
For a coach who was so overwhelmingly popular last season, Collins faced a barrage of criticism this season after the team’s downturn following their 20-9 start. His coaching style was called overbearing, he was questioned for how he managed the team’s important young talent and a report surfaced that he had lost his locker room.
|wholesale Senior Bow… on ‘Who’s That Guy?…|
|clubberlangphila on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money