Dec 17, 2011, 1:40 PM EDT
Finally. According to Jerry Crasnick, Jimmy Rollins has agreed to terms with the Phillies.
Heading into free agency Jimmy was adamant that he wanted a five year deal. Ruben Amaro Jr. was never inclined to go five years, and the thought always was that a three-year deal with an option for a fourth would be the end result. Well, what do you know? Crasnick reports it’s a three-year deal with an option for a fourth.
Jimmy Rollins has
agreed to 3-year deal with #Phillies
with vesting option for 4th year, says BB source
Crasnick (@jcrasnick) December 17,
CSNPhilly.com’s Jim Salisbury reports that the deal includes approximately $33 million in guaranteed money. Money aside, the Phillies have locked up the best shortstop in franchise history for at least thee more years.
Tweet from Rollins confirming the deal after the Jump…
There weren’t a ton of suitors out there. St. Louis and Detroit were rumored to be interested, but the Cardinals retained Rafael Furcal, and the Tigers’ interest was never actually confirmed. Crasnick did mention that Milwaukee made an offer, but Rollins wanted to remain a Phillie.
I see you all know by now. Gotta deal with me for 3 (4) more years!
— Jimmy Rollins (@JimmyRollins11) December 17, 2011
|Fly guy on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|Chief on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|Scott B on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|Jay D on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money