Jul 24, 2011, 4:24 PM EDT
Roy Halladay showed no signs of allowing the heat to get to him on Sunday afternoon at Citizens Bank Park helping the Phillies to a 5-3 victory over the Padres. Doc labored a bit early, throwing 91 pitches through 5 innings, but only needed 24 to get through the next 3 frames.
Raul Ibanez also contributed in a big way with two RBIs on the day and he was robbed of a few more. In one of the greatest catches I’ve ever seen at Citizens Bank Park, Padres center fielder Chris Denorfia pulled one back from the Phillies bullpen, keeping his team in the contest for the time being.
“I can’t say on camera what goes through your mind,” Ibanez said after the game when asked about being robbed of a homer.
David Herndon’s reaction, via @dhm, was priceless:
Cliff Lee will take the mound on Monday afternoon as the Phillies will attempt to complete their second four-game sweep of the Padres this season.
|eaglegreen on Mosher: DeSean Jackson’s…|
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return