Dec 30, 2011, 11:26 AM EST
When we heard Roy Halladay would be going on a fishing trip to Brazil in search of giant peacock bass we pretty much anticipated the fish tales from their trip being the most awesome Phillies news of the offseason. Little did we know Roy and his buddies would help a native boy who was attacked by an anaconda snake.
We had plenty of wildlife encounters though. Along with the fishing,
we decided to go hunting one night, and Carpenter and B.J. both shot a
caiman; which is like an alligator. Me and Doc Halladay even came across
a local, sitting bare naked on a tree by the river. What we were able
to figure out is that he was fishing in the river for tropical fish to
sell for aquariums when he got attacked by an anaconda.
The snake apparently bit him on the ass but he was able to free
himself before the snake wrapped him up. Instead the snake wrapped
around his motor on the back of his little 14 foot dugout canoe and tore
it off the back of his boat. Doc and I helped him gather his gear and
flip the boat back over and then towed him home. You could definitely
see the bite mark on his ass, but he was able to fight it off; amazing.
I guess the kid must have had a large behind, because according to urban legend, anacondas don’t want none unless you’ve got buns. Or at least that’s what I heard.
And congratulations to Zoo with Roy for posting the most Zoo with Roy post ever (aside from the inevitable post when they actually do get to go to the zoo with Roy). Be sure to go look at their pictoral of the run in with the anaconda.
|Barry on This outlandish Penn State-the…|
|LightMan on This outlandish Penn State-the…|
|You're Clueless on This outlandish Penn State-the…|
|Mo-Cup-Town on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages