Jun 26, 2011, 4:06 PM EST
Not a bad little Sunday in South Philly, with the Phillies capping a series win over the Oakland A’s with a 3-1 complete game victory by Roy Halladay. After the game, Halladay was speaking with Sarge down on the field when
he paused to help the cameraman remove a bug from his lens and possibly save all of our lives from impending moth invasion.
IS THERE ANYTHING HE CAN’T DO?
More on the game below. Not much more though. It was pretty much all Roy, with just enough production to allow Charlie a no-agita decision to leave him in all afternoon and spell the banged-up bullpen.
Jimmy Rollins led the way, going 4-4 in the leadoff spot and kick-starting a first-inning Phillies barrage that gave Roy all the room he needed. Placido Polanco contributed a pair of hits in the two-hole, and Shane Victorino, batting third with Chase Utley getting the afternoon off, notched an RBI. Both of Polly’s hits moved Jimmy to third, and he subsequently scored each time.
Halladay is now tied for the Major League lead in wins with 10, and the complete game was the 63rd of his career, 14th as a Phillie, and fifth of the season. It wasn’t a huge K day for him with just 4, but after the game he pointed to the positive side of that, which is a lower pitch count and the ability to stay in the game longer. Doc wasn’t without his control either, issuing no free passes and scattering eight hits over nine innings, throwing 77 of his 113 pitches for strikes and inducing 17 ground balls. Plus, the moth thing.
|clmull on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|kbwcpa on LeSean McCoy pulls Eagles slei…|
|Matt S. on LeSean McCoy pulls Eagles slei…|
|braindead on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages