Aug 9, 2012, 1:16 PM EST
According to Yahoo! Sports’ Adrian Wojnarowski, a potential four-team blockbuster centering around Dwight Howard landing with the L.A. Lakers is currently being discussed. Woj described the talks as fluid but that there is a framework in place as such:
[Dwight] Howard and Denver forward Al Harrington going to the Lakers, Philadelphia guard Andre Iguodala going to the Nuggets, Los Angeles center Andrew Bynum moving to the 76ers, and Los Angeles forward Pau Gasol and Denver guard Arron Affalo going to the Magic, sources told Yahoo! Sports.
Bynum will make $16.1 million in 2012-13 as the Lakers exercised their option back in June. He would be set to become a free agent following this coming season.
This move would land the Sixers a legit young center (just 24 years old) that they’ve been in dire need of while unclogging the logjam at the wing. Bynum has been an All-Star for the Lakers but he’s also been a bit erratic as youngsters are often wont to do.
If the Sixers do plan on moving Iguodala, they could do a lot worse than Andrew Bynum in return. Is this part of the plan the Sixers had coming into this offseason? A young core of Jrue, Evan, Thad, Andrew Bynum, and throw in some Moe Harkless for good measure. Seems like more of a plan to me.
Our resident Sixers guru, Andrew Unterberger, says if the above deal were to go down, it would be an incredible win for the Sixers, adding “It would justify and/or redeem every single other move they’ve made this offseason.”
|brandonphilly on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|ifihad10weekstolives… on Sometimes you get kicked in th…|
|Andrew Kulp on 29th in the NHL in scoring, ha…|
|BenE. on Why the Flyers won the Talbot-…|
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- TV My Wife Watches: Q&A with Myself about the Upcoming Bachelor Season
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages