May 16, 2011, 12:27 PM EST
If you were watching yesterday’s Phillies broadcast, you were probably pleasantly surprised when they returned from commercial with Morgan Freeman joining T-Mac and Sarge in the booth. Red from Shawshank! Joe Clark! Nelson Mandela! Freeman is an icon and one of the most gifted actors of all time. He can inject gravitas into anything. Except, as it turns out, a baseball game. His appearance came at a tough time for guest dialogues, with some activity on the basepaths in a close final game of a tight divisional series. Let’s just say there wasn’t an immediate chemistry in the booth. These things happen, the booth guest thing can get pretty awkward sometimes without it really being anyone’s fault. Freeman, on hand after being honored as part of the the MLB’s weekend of Civil Rights festivities, gets a pass (even in a Braves jacket, which he didn’t wear in the booth).
Meanwhile, in the Fox broadcast from the Yankees-Red Sox game, Joe Buck was joined by none other than Sarah Silverman, who found a way to bring up Massholes, steroids, and her belief that LSD should be allowed as a reward for pitchers.
Video of that below.
Sarah Silverman, ladies and gentlemen. Gotta give it to Joe Buck on this one too. He certainly didn’t add anything, but he “played” the square to her schtick pretty well. I guess after Artie Lang’s appearance on Joe Buck Live, Joe’s learned to roll with a few punches.
|David Seasholtz on Looking back at Philadelphia p…|
|Andrew Kulp on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Barry on This outlandish Penn State-the…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages