May 16, 2011, 12:27 PM EDT
If you were watching yesterday’s Phillies broadcast, you were probably pleasantly surprised when they returned from commercial with Morgan Freeman joining T-Mac and Sarge in the booth. Red from Shawshank! Joe Clark! Nelson Mandela! Freeman is an icon and one of the most gifted actors of all time. He can inject gravitas into anything. Except, as it turns out, a baseball game. His appearance came at a tough time for guest dialogues, with some activity on the basepaths in a close final game of a tight divisional series. Let’s just say there wasn’t an immediate chemistry in the booth. These things happen, the booth guest thing can get pretty awkward sometimes without it really being anyone’s fault. Freeman, on hand after being honored as part of the the MLB’s weekend of Civil Rights festivities, gets a pass (even in a Braves jacket, which he didn’t wear in the booth).
Meanwhile, in the Fox broadcast from the Yankees-Red Sox game, Joe Buck was joined by none other than Sarah Silverman, who found a way to bring up Massholes, steroids, and her belief that LSD should be allowed as a reward for pitchers.
Video of that below.
Sarah Silverman, ladies and gentlemen. Gotta give it to Joe Buck on this one too. He certainly didn’t add anything, but he “played” the square to her schtick pretty well. I guess after Artie Lang’s appearance on Joe Buck Live, Joe’s learned to roll with a few punches.
|willh888 on Mason out: Ray Emery is your F…|
|Matt S. on Michael Carter-Williams is you…|
|FlyersFan on Defenseman Signing Day: Flyers…|
|rw on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
- Ask the Maester: Answers to Your Questions About the Royal Wedding Aftermath (and Other Issues of Great Import) «
- Three Thoughts on Stephen Colbert’s Sudden Ascension to David Letterman’s Late-Night Throne «
- First Phillies game
- Billy Hamilton just scored from third base on a pop fly behind second | HardballTalk
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money