Jul 11, 2012, 1:18 PM EST
Last week, after Mets outfielder Scott Hairston took Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels deep in back-to-back games, we looked at the numbers, and tried to keep our eyes in our skulls when we compared Hairston’s lifetime averages to his performances against the Phillies.
In short, he’s a 65 percent better baseball player with a 1.021 OPS when he plays the Phils.
Clearly aware of the Phillies’ unique relationship with an otherwise pedestrian platooner, Scott Franzke let it fly shortly after Hairston’s home run off Hamels last Thursday when the radio play-by-play announcer was, we assume, off the air.
The audio was originally available on YouTube but has since been pulled. Still, you can read his remarks after his typical end-of-inning summary below:
|Chip Smelly on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|BenE. on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|Captain_Awesome on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|Cuban on We’re comparing Michael…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages