Oct 31, 2013, 11:51 AM EST
There’s just something awesome about Shane Victorino with the bases loaded in the postseason. The Flyin’ Hawaiian made his mark on history once again last night when he ripped a bases clearing double high off the Green Monster to put the Red Sox up for good last night en route to the Red Sox defeating the St. Louis Cardinals to hoist the World Series trophy at Fenway Park.
So add Boston to the cities Shane will never have to buy a beer in.
This season was a pretty remarkable turnaround for Shane individually and some are pointing to the Sox signing of Victorino as one of the major factors in the franchise’s wild turnaround.
The moment they showed on TV last night after his huge double where Shane was standing on third base pounding his chest with the Fenway crowd going absolutely bonkers made me truly miss Shane. But moreso it just made me really, really miss playoff baseball in Philadelphia.
Congrats to Shane on once again being a World Champion of baseball. I for one was happy to see Shane get another chance to spray some champagne.
Watching Victorino pound his chest. Badass. Miss you, postseason baseball in Philadelphia.
— The700Level (@The700Level) October 31, 2013
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return