Oct 31, 2012, 12:45 PM EST
Sure, there’s some basketball game for some team to kick off some important season for a franchise turning it all around, and yes they’ll wear their new blue road uniforms for the first time, and yeah, it’s Halloween and Dikembe Mutombo and Moses Malone will be two more totally awesome centers in the Wells Fargo Center tonight who can’t play, BUT OMG THE WORLD’S LARGEST T-SHIRT LAUNCHER!
From the Sixers release:
opening night, the Sixers will unveil Big Bella, the world’s largest
T-shirt launcher that fires 100 tees in just 60 seconds.
Big Bella weighs 600 pounds and, when firing T-shirts into the upper
reaches of the Wells Fargo Center, can be up to 10 feet high. The team
commissioned the creation of Big Bella from FX in Motion, an
entertainment elements company out of New Berlin, Wisc.
The team will also drop T-shirts, free game tickets and other
promotional items from the rafters of the Wells Fargo Center down to
fans below in a new themed “Sixers Parachute Drop.”
And fire. There will also be fire.
UPDATE: OMG LOOK AT THE PHOTO OF THAT THING!
Meet Big Bella, the world’s largest t-shirt launcher. 100 tees in just 60 seconds! twitter.com/Sixers/status/…
— Philadelphia 76ers (@Sixers) October 31, 2012
|psudrozz on Who are these Flyers? Tonight…|
|The Bees Knees on Who are these Flyers? Tonight…|
|Joe B on Photos: Temple Basketball will…|
|GregL190 on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages