Oct 31, 2012, 12:45 PM EDT
Sure, there’s some basketball game for some team to kick off some important season for a franchise turning it all around, and yes they’ll wear their new blue road uniforms for the first time, and yeah, it’s Halloween and Dikembe Mutombo and Moses Malone will be two more totally awesome centers in the Wells Fargo Center tonight who can’t play, BUT OMG THE WORLD’S LARGEST T-SHIRT LAUNCHER!
From the Sixers release:
opening night, the Sixers will unveil Big Bella, the world’s largest
T-shirt launcher that fires 100 tees in just 60 seconds.
Big Bella weighs 600 pounds and, when firing T-shirts into the upper
reaches of the Wells Fargo Center, can be up to 10 feet high. The team
commissioned the creation of Big Bella from FX in Motion, an
entertainment elements company out of New Berlin, Wisc.
The team will also drop T-shirts, free game tickets and other
promotional items from the rafters of the Wells Fargo Center down to
fans below in a new themed “Sixers Parachute Drop.”
And fire. There will also be fire.
UPDATE: OMG LOOK AT THE PHOTO OF THAT THING!
Meet Big Bella, the world’s largest t-shirt launcher. 100 tees in just 60 seconds! twitter.com/Sixers/status/…
— Philadelphia 76ers (@Sixers) October 31, 2012
|Rob on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|al on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Eng E on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|JJ on At least Evan Turner didn…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money