Nov 10, 2012, 1:26 PM EDT
If you tuned in to watch your Philadelphia 76ers take on the Boston Celtics last night up in the Cradle of Liberty, you likely wondered what exactly was that patriotic hipster-looking headband on top of Spencer Hawes’ beautiful mullet. The NBA actually issued them to teams around the league to rock in celebration of Veterans Day.
CSN’s John Finger asked Hawes about his sweet headband and found out that he won’t be allowed to wear it tonight in Toronto.
According to Hawes, the league asked players not to wear the
headbands in Toronto for Saturday night’s game, and the Sixers’ center
isn’t too pleased about it.
Now, you may want to blame the NBA for such frivolity, but clearly, the correct entity to blame is always Canada.
>>Stars and Stripes [CSN]
|yishmeister on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|コーチ アウトレット 正規品 on A Comprehensive Guide to the B…|
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money