Nov 10, 2012, 1:26 PM EST
If you tuned in to watch your Philadelphia 76ers take on the Boston Celtics last night up in the Cradle of Liberty, you likely wondered what exactly was that patriotic hipster-looking headband on top of Spencer Hawes’ beautiful mullet. The NBA actually issued them to teams around the league to rock in celebration of Veterans Day.
CSN’s John Finger asked Hawes about his sweet headband and found out that he won’t be allowed to wear it tonight in Toronto.
According to Hawes, the league asked players not to wear the
headbands in Toronto for Saturday night’s game, and the Sixers’ center
isn’t too pleased about it.
Now, you may want to blame the NBA for such frivolity, but clearly, the correct entity to blame is always Canada.
>>Stars and Stripes [CSN]
|Marvin Monroe on Video: Claude Giroux’s g…|
|kammergame on Report: Glen Macnow done on WI…|
|Eagles Nation on If Bill Conlin Is Suspended, H…|
|Marvin Monroe on Report: Glen Macnow done on WI…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Video: Claude Giroux with the goal of the year in crazy Flyers' comeback win over Blue Jackets
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola