Jul 11, 2011, 8:18 PM EST
Ahh, to yearn for yesteryear when player fan groups were edgy, sat up in the 700 level of Veterans Stadium, and featured military garb with guys pulling off WWF-like antics. That was the heyday of Phillies fan groups, and it is captured perfectly in this video montage about Millwood’s Militia.
As lore would have it, the fan group for Kevin Millwood was one of the earliest organized groups at the Vet, right up there with Randy’s Wolf Pack.
The following video features the sultry sounds of Bruce Springsteen and Harry Kalas to go along with the rowdy antics of a group of guys who were true originals. And likely lunatics.
Miss you, Harry. And long live the Vet. [video below]
|dawkisgod on Video: If Chip Kelly calls a […|
|David Seasholtz on Looking back at Philadelphia p…|
|Andrew Kulp on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages