Jul 11, 2011, 8:18 PM EDT
Ahh, to yearn for yesteryear when player fan groups were edgy, sat up in the 700 level of Veterans Stadium, and featured military garb with guys pulling off WWF-like antics. That was the heyday of Phillies fan groups, and it is captured perfectly in this video montage about Millwood’s Militia.
As lore would have it, the fan group for Kevin Millwood was one of the earliest organized groups at the Vet, right up there with Randy’s Wolf Pack.
The following video features the sultry sounds of Bruce Springsteen and Harry Kalas to go along with the rowdy antics of a group of guys who were true originals. And likely lunatics.
Miss you, Harry. And long live the Vet. [video below]
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
|Jim Anderson on Marlon Byrd claims Phillies ar…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return