Dec 9, 2011, 12:12 PM EDT
Many of the Phillies players use their offseason time as a chance to go home and visit their families. Chooch has been back in Panama. Shane has been in both Hawaii and Las Vegas.
The Phanatic is no different.
The Phillie Phanatic used part of his offseason break from baseball to journey back to his homeland, the Galapagos Islands, aboard the National Geographic Endeavour. He made friends with the local animals there such as this ridiculously cute sea lion pup (See also: tortoise) and also went to visit a local school there.
Some may think it’s not easy being the Phanatic. You know, being the only one of your species besides your mother to live in the United States and all. But I don’t feel so bad for him after checking out the photo gallery of his Galapagos Adventures over at Phillies.com.
Photo by Celso Montalvo
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|willh888 on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Gregg on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|bruiserbrigade on At least Evan Turner didn…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money