Jul 21, 2011, 11:02 AM EST
You may know Tim McCarver as the other guy in the Fox booth who makes you want to throw things at your television. You may also know him from his playing days when he was the personal catcher for Bob Gibson and Steve Carlton. There’s also an outside chance you know him as the guy with zero self-awareness who quite seriously released an album titled “Tim McCarver Sings Selections from The Great American Songbook.”
Now, if I could hand write a script for McCarver to read for the sole purpose of making me laugh I’d include the words “welcome”, “back”, “Kotter”, and “Travolta”. If I could go back in time and shake the hand of the Channel 17 producer who wrote this copy I’d do it in a heartbeat.
Greg Gross reading copy for “Good Times” after the Jump…
G.G., although less polished than McCarver, brings a certain je ne sais quoi to the table. His accent is a strangely hypnotizing splash of southern twang combined with a far Northeast Philly patois. The way he pronounces his own name is beyond amazing – “Hi, this is Gray-egg Grayss.” I am pretty sure Greg Gross wouldn’t know Jimmie Walker if J.J. came up to him and slugged him in the nuts. Regardless, these are pure comedy gold.
Please accept this as a personal plea for the Phillies’ video coordinator to splice this clip of Gross into Chase Utley’s pregame video session.
|Jason R. on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|ochospantalones on What do the Sixers want with R…|
|Bill L on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|charles murphy on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages