Dec 26, 2012, 2:13 PM EDT
Here’s a “Where Are They Now” you probably weren’t expecting: former Phillies relief pitcher Ugueth Urbina was released from a Venezuelan prison today after serving seven years of a 14-year sentence for attempted murder.
As a refresher, from our post in 2005 (!):
Everybody hates when people steal their guns… although not quite as
much as when people hold your mother hostage for millions of dollars. Throw in some machetes, gasoline poured on people who are then lit on
fire, a few disobedient workers and you have yourself just another day
in the life of the Philadelphia Phillies.
Anyway, he’s out of prison today. Hopefully he stays away from flammable liquids. You may want to check out our posts on Uggie from the archives below. You know, to remember the good times.
From the Archives:
|eaglegreen on Mosher: DeSean Jackson’s…|
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return