Jul 19, 2011, 6:42 PM EST
After being activated earlier in the day, Shane Victorino will get the start in center and bat fifth tonight as Cliff Lee (9-6, 2.82) and the Phillies take on Matt Garza (4-7, 3.97) and the Cubs. As you can see from the above photo, taken by the Inquirer’s Matt Gelb, Shane is ready to go do some yard work tonight in the Wrigley outfield.
Victorino was curious as to how much a riding lawn mower would cost to purchase, because he’s currently paying the hefty price of $75 a week to get his cut. Longtime Phillies beat writer Jim Salisbury then offered to undercut that and mow Shane’s lawn for the low, low price of $60 a week — a flat out bargain. Sully does, after all, know a thing or two about horticulture.
Charlie Manuel said before the game that he’s been encouraged by John Mayberry Jr.’s play as of late and he thought about giving him the start tonight, but with right-handed Garza’s big hook, he really likes getting lefties in the lineup.
The full lineup: Jimmy Rollins, Michael Martinez, Chase Utley, Ryan Howard, Shane Victorino, Raul Ibanez, Domonic Brown, Carlos Ruiz, and Clifton Phifer Lee.
Oswalt Feels Great
Roy Oswalt threw almost 50 pitches off a mound today at Wrigley and said he feels the best his body has felt since spring training and was very encouraged by his bullpen session. He will throw another bullpen session on Friday, looking to up his pitches to ~60-65, and the next step after that would likely be a rehab start.
An early August return sounds about right if everything continues smoothly.
Random Coolness: was trying out a new iPhone app prior to this evening’s game. Check out this 360 degree view of Wrigley from right above the Phillies dugout.
|brandonphilly on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|ifihad10weekstolives… on Sometimes you get kicked in th…|
|Andrew Kulp on 29th in the NHL in scoring, ha…|
|BenE. on Why the Flyers won the Talbot-…|
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- TV My Wife Watches: Q&A with Myself about the Upcoming Bachelor Season
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages