May 23, 2012, 8:14 PM EDT
As rumored late last week and confirmed this afternoon by Sixers CEO Adam Aron, legendary Philadelphia fan favorite Allen Iverson was invited to toss up the honorary first tip prior to Game 6.
He was in the building and wasn’t even late. [VIDEOS BELOW]
Iverson walked out to center court sporting a No. 23 Lou Williams jersey, cupped his hand to his ear asking the Philly crowd to get loud like he did so many times before. He delivered the game ball, hugged Havertown’s most famous NBA official Joey Crawford, and then hugged his boy Lou Williams along with other Sixers like Evan Turner and Coach Collins.
Welcome home, Bubba Chuck. Let’s go Sixers.
US Presswire photo by Eric Hartline
Here’s A.I. talking to CSN’s Dei Lynam, calling Lou Williams his “little man.”
“I love this place,” an emotional Iverson said.
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Justin on Video: This is what an NFL pla…|
|Kelley jackson on ‘Iverson’ document…|
|Mungman on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money