May 23, 2012, 8:14 PM EST
As rumored late last week and confirmed this afternoon by Sixers CEO Adam Aron, legendary Philadelphia fan favorite Allen Iverson was invited to toss up the honorary first tip prior to Game 6.
He was in the building and wasn’t even late. [VIDEOS BELOW]
Iverson walked out to center court sporting a No. 23 Lou Williams jersey, cupped his hand to his ear asking the Philly crowd to get loud like he did so many times before. He delivered the game ball, hugged Havertown’s most famous NBA official Joey Crawford, and then hugged his boy Lou Williams along with other Sixers like Evan Turner and Coach Collins.
Welcome home, Bubba Chuck. Let’s go Sixers.
US Presswire photo by Eric Hartline
Here’s A.I. talking to CSN’s Dei Lynam, calling Lou Williams his “little man.”
“I love this place,” an emotional Iverson said.
|Chris on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
|trishb on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|charlie d on Jonathan Papelbon’s ugly…|
|sfsu on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages