Feb 7, 2013, 6:35 PM EDT
Cole Hamels and his wife Heidi adopted a baby girl, Reeve, from Ethiopia on Christmas Eve and shared the news with 6 ABC’s Jeff Skversky on a segment that aired on Action News this evening.
“The sense of joy overcomes anything. [There were] tears, I’m glad they
were not sad tears; obviously, the most joyful, exciting tears I think I
can ever shed. We’re just so happy,” Cole said.
Ahh, Cole, such the wordsmith.
Reeve was abandoned at birth six month ago and was found by police all alone in a field. She was placed in an orphanage before the Hamels adopted her.
The adoption has been in the making for upwards of four years, but the Hamels plan on keeping the family growing, telling Skversky they plan to adopt from Ethiopia again.
Congratulations to the Hamels on their newest addition to the family.
|Andrew Kulp on Counting Down the Eagles’ Need…|
|Jim on Counting Down the Eagles’ Need…|
|red2gold on Counting Down the Eagles’ Need…|
|findingclues4u on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return