Feb 7, 2013, 6:35 PM EST
Cole Hamels and his wife Heidi adopted a baby girl, Reeve, from Ethiopia on Christmas Eve and shared the news with 6 ABC’s Jeff Skversky on a segment that aired on Action News this evening.
“The sense of joy overcomes anything. [There were] tears, I’m glad they
were not sad tears; obviously, the most joyful, exciting tears I think I
can ever shed. We’re just so happy,” Cole said.
Ahh, Cole, such the wordsmith.
Reeve was abandoned at birth six month ago and was found by police all alone in a field. She was placed in an orphanage before the Hamels adopted her.
The adoption has been in the making for upwards of four years, but the Hamels plan on keeping the family growing, telling Skversky they plan to adopt from Ethiopia again.
Congratulations to the Hamels on their newest addition to the family.
|Rusty on Eagles officially the hottest…|
|D Rock on Biggest takeaway from Eagles S…|
|Porter on Biggest takeaway from Eagles S…|
|solidsender on Biggest takeaway from Eagles S…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages