Aug 19, 2012, 12:20 PM EDT
It’s not often the Phillies get to laugh at Ryan Braun but they got that rare opportunity last night thanks in large part to the poor base running of teammate Jonathan Lucroy.
Braun has been straight killing the Phillies as of late, having homered against them in five consecutive games, including a big two-run shot off of Cole Hamels in the eighth inning last night, and he almost hit another one earlier in the game.
With two outs in the bottom of the third and Lucroy on first, Braun bashed a ball to left field that bounced of the literal top of the wall, missing a home run by like an inch and bouncing back into play. Instead of going first-to-third on the hit, Lucroy apparently missed the bag at second and went back to re-tag. Only problem with that was he found himself at the same base as his teammate Braun.
It was pretty comical and ended the inning and the Brewers threat.
You can watch Lucroy try to explain his gaffe here and watch Braun with a very visible WTF below.
“I stepped over second,” Lucroy said. “I looked up to see where the ball was and I just missed the bag.”
“In hindsight, I probably should have kept running. I asked Jimmy and Chase if they saw it and they both said no. Of course I should have kept running, but obviously I didn’t do that.”
The Phillies won the game, 4-3.
|Phil From Mt Airy on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|fknboz on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Andrew M on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Mostel on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return