Aug 19, 2012, 12:20 PM EST
It’s not often the Phillies get to laugh at Ryan Braun but they got that rare opportunity last night thanks in large part to the poor base running of teammate Jonathan Lucroy.
Braun has been straight killing the Phillies as of late, having homered against them in five consecutive games, including a big two-run shot off of Cole Hamels in the eighth inning last night, and he almost hit another one earlier in the game.
With two outs in the bottom of the third and Lucroy on first, Braun bashed a ball to left field that bounced of the literal top of the wall, missing a home run by like an inch and bouncing back into play. Instead of going first-to-third on the hit, Lucroy apparently missed the bag at second and went back to re-tag. Only problem with that was he found himself at the same base as his teammate Braun.
It was pretty comical and ended the inning and the Brewers threat.
You can watch Lucroy try to explain his gaffe here and watch Braun with a very visible WTF below.
“I stepped over second,” Lucroy said. “I looked up to see where the ball was and I just missed the bag.”
“In hindsight, I probably should have kept running. I asked Jimmy and Chase if they saw it and they both said no. Of course I should have kept running, but obviously I didn’t do that.”
The Phillies won the game, 4-3.
|trishb on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|charlie d on Jonathan Papelbon’s ugly…|
|sfsu on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
|willh888 on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages