Dec 18, 2012, 4:18 AM EST
Big League Stew’s Dave Brown unearthed this gem of a YouTube featuring members of the 1980 Phillies taking on the Kansas City Royals in a rematch of the legendary Fall Classic in which Philadelphia was crowned World Champions of Baseball. Except this time they were playing the Family Feud game show with total badass host Richard Dawson. Plenty of guys hitting below the Mendoza line on this stage.
Answer Dave really put on his best analytical cap to break down Dawson’s tendencies — Gary Maddox does look like one smooth individual though, doesn’t he? — as well as examine Mike Schmidt’s awful 0-3 in common sense on the day, so I can’t stress enough that you need to go read Dave’s amazing synopsis of the above video.
Also, the way Mike Schmidt says “warsh,” as in to clean… what kind of accent is that?
|ohholybutt on The Evster breaks down this ye…|
|2sentz on The Evster breaks down this ye…|
|2sentz on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Marvin Monroe on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages