Jun 5, 2012, 1:54 PM EST
We don’t ask a lot of you. Visit us daily, leave the occasional comment, maybe accidentally click on an ad once in awhile, and we’re usually happy — but where in the world were you when Chooch needed you?
A fan favorite in the midst of a career year, among the Major League leaders at catcher in most offensive statistics in fact, Carlos Ruiz did not get off to the start in the All-Star balloting we expected. The first update on the voting results are in, and no, Ruiz is not currently in the lead, nor the the runner-up, not even in third place. He’s fourth, and that’s among NL catchers only obviously.
We get that the numbers will find Ruiz in the game regardless of fan voting, but it’s not right, dammit. Chooch should start this thing, and he’s a half-million behind the Cardinals’ Yadier Molina. That means one or two of you haven’t been voting.
Now we asked you to get on this a month ago. Let’s get serious this time. Vote for Carlos Ruiz, or we’re sending him to your house. With a bat. No, he’s not going to autograph the bat for you — it’s for use on all your worldly possessions.
>> Vote or die
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return