Jun 5, 2012, 1:54 PM EST
We don’t ask a lot of you. Visit us daily, leave the occasional comment, maybe accidentally click on an ad once in awhile, and we’re usually happy — but where in the world were you when Chooch needed you?
A fan favorite in the midst of a career year, among the Major League leaders at catcher in most offensive statistics in fact, Carlos Ruiz did not get off to the start in the All-Star balloting we expected. The first update on the voting results are in, and no, Ruiz is not currently in the lead, nor the the runner-up, not even in third place. He’s fourth, and that’s among NL catchers only obviously.
We get that the numbers will find Ruiz in the game regardless of fan voting, but it’s not right, dammit. Chooch should start this thing, and he’s a half-million behind the Cardinals’ Yadier Molina. That means one or two of you haven’t been voting.
Now we asked you to get on this a month ago. Let’s get serious this time. Vote for Carlos Ruiz, or we’re sending him to your house. With a bat. No, he’s not going to autograph the bat for you — it’s for use on all your worldly possessions.
>> Vote or die
|BenE. on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|Franchise on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|2sentz on The 12 best photos from the Ea…|
|Captain_Awesome on Photos and Time Lapse: This is…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages