Oct 11, 2012, 6:42 AM EDT
In light of the Phillies not playing any meaningful October baseball this season, I decided to find something almost as awesome as watching the Fightins at Citizens Bank Park in the postseason. Obviously you can’t match that level of pure excitement, but I came pretty damn close.
As you may or may not have noticed, I haven’t been around the past week or so as I was busy getting my drink on at the real deal Oktoberfest in Munich, Germany. Add on a train ride over to Prague in the Czech Republic and you’ve got a beer drinker’s vacation dream.
How can I tie this in to a Philly sports post, you ask? Well check out the above shot from the Hofbräu Festhalle and look for the guy rocking the classic red Phillies hat. After spotting him from afar, my party tracked him down to see what his deal was.
You can see a higher resolution version of the above photo if you really want to check out the scene.
Plus, check out our photo gallery featuring the beers of Munich and Prague as well. Did you know Germany and the Czech Republic constantly battle for the 1-2 spots on the most beer consumed per capita each year? At least that’s what they told us. Who knows, they could have been drunk.
(All photos from my trusty new iPhone 5 which has the worst battery life ever)
It’s safe to say that all of the claims of the Czech Republic’s superiority in brewing tasty beers are on point. We sampled some of the most delicious beers I’ve ever tasted while in Prague. One of them was even brewed by a bunch of monks.
As for the guy wearing a Phillies cap? Turns out he wasn’t actually from Philadelphia. He was a local German who visited Philly once and picked up a nice piece of fashion to bring home with him.
“I went to the Liberty Bell and all that,” he said.
Thanks to Charlie for the second photo.
|Rob on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|al on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Eng E on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|JJ on At least Evan Turner didn…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money