Why was a chiseled Dr. J topless and wearing a sombrero with John Havlicek (maybe in Mexico in the 70s)?
Oct 3, 2013, 2:22 PM EDT
— adam figman (@afigman) October 3, 2013
The Internet is often both a blessing and a curse. For instance, it provided our Twitter timeline with this amazing photo of a shirtless and chiseled Julius Erving wearing a sombrero and maybe having some sort of cigarette lit by Celtics’ great John Havlicek, which is amazing. Adam Figman, the basketball writer that tweeted it also placed the photo in Mexico in 1977. Also amazing.
The Internet is a curse because after
hours minutes of Googling and asking everyone on my instant messaging list where the photo is from or why the duo were hanging out together sans shirts, I’ve got nothing. The best I got was this Google Image search telling me the image once appeared on a Chinese message board and that it resembles the style of this photo of an elephant.
So what do you people know about it? Help us out.
|Mostel on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
|Scott B on What happens on April 4th,…|
|db21 on Safety First: Eagles agree to…|
|BS Bully on Ryan Howard Needs Surgery for…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return