Dec 28, 2011, 4:54 PM EDT
A lot of the talk over the past few days about the Winter Classic has revolved around just how warm it’s been in Philadelphia — perhaps a little too warm for an outdoor hockey game. That changed a bit today, however, when temps down in South Philly were in the low forties with a brutal wind that made it feel quite chilly.
I was down at Citizens Bank Park earlier in the day and got a nice look at the ice, which didn’t look entirely frozen at the time. Here are two photos of Harry Kalas and Mike Schmidt gearing up for some pond hockey. Somebody get these guys some Flyers scarves and knit hats.
Check out our 360 panorama of the rink and slight view of the city in the background below.
|fknboz on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Andrew M on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Mostel on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
|Scott B on What happens on April 4th,…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return