Apr 25, 2011, 6:15 PM EST
The Flyers and Sixers are both in win-or-go-home games today, and the Phils have an opportunity to sweep the Padres in San Diego. We know Roy Halladay will be on the hill for the Phils, but there’s been no indication as to who will be in net for the Flyers just yet. If only the Flyers and Sixers had a stopper like Doc, with elimination awaiting if they can’t win today…
The Sixers and Heat tip off in game 4 of their series at 1 (ABC), the Flyers and Sabres get underway at 3 (NBC), and the Phils and Padres follow an hour later (WPHL). A clean sweep would be monumental. If either of the indoor teams lose, well, we know what happens.
Pretty much everyone expected the Heat to win the opening round series, but stealing at least a game would help cap an impressive season for the Sixers. Anything less than a series win will be colossally disappointing for the Flyers, who were and still are expected to contend for the Stanley Cup. And the Phils… well we wouldn’t mind a sweep out west, but that’s about the extent of it.
We’ll be around with some updates as we get closer to the games, but there could be a few delays as we also spend some time with family today. Keep us posted in the comments of anything you hear, and hopefully later tonight we’ll be in a celebratory mood.
|Mark432 on Jonathan Papelbon’s ugly…|
|Andy Schreiber on Here’s a lovely Winter W…|
|Chris on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|erzug on Video: Sean Couturier is too m…|
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages