Jan 7, 2013, 9:34 AM EST
Even a calloused pessimist has to admit, the prospect of the Flyers dropping the puck against the Penguins in the first game of the season in under two weeks from now is quite exciting. You know who’ll want that first shift and all.
ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun said Sunday night that the season could still possibly start on January 15th. That’s one week from tomorrow.
While the 15th may still be a possibility, the 19th seems a touch more likely.
As we learned last year, nothing gets the blood boiling or the clicks clicking quite like a little Phiadelphia-Pittsburgh rivalry. Reports late last week pointed to a Flyers-Penguins game to kick off the season on the 19th. That’s just under two weeks away.
If the NHL is looking for ways to get as many eyeballs back as soon as possible, that’s the way to do it.
Many fans may hate the NHL for the lockout but they likely have more fun hating Sidney Crosby even more.
|willh888 on The Evster reviews Wawa’…|
|Matt P. on The Evster reviews Wawa’…|
|The Evster on The Evster reviews Wawa’…|
|Z on The Evster reviews Wawa’…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages