Aug 7, 2012, 2:26 PM EST
As the Phantoms have vacated the space we now use to park so as to drink and eat at themed bars and restaurants, keeping track of the affiliate has proved less convenient.
Of course, they’re scheduled to move from Glens Falls, N.Y. to the Lehigh Valley in October of next year — although construction on their new arena is apparently months behind schedule — so catching some AHL action will soon be no different than taking the trip to an IronPigs game.
In honor of their (potentially) final season in Glens Falls and in tribute to the town’s past minor league history, the Phantoms will wear these throwback uniforms (seen right) for their home opener on Oct. 13 in homage to the Adirondack Red Wings, who used to occupy the Civic Center. The jerseys will be available via live auction after the game.
Larger graphic and an excerpt from the team’s release below…
“Last year on Opening Night, our fans loved how we spelled out ADIRONDACK across the front and we received a lot of positive feedback asking us to do that again” said Phantoms Executive Vice President Chris Porreca. “For this year, we are also incorporating the traditional colors of the former Adirondack Red Wings which we know our fans will really enjoy.”
The Opening Night Red Wings style jersey is just the first of the alternate jerseys being designed for the upcoming season. Fans can expect a wide variety of creative looks for some of the upcoming special home games this season.
I don’t know much about him, but I’m sure hoping this Player kid can skate the blue line.
|trishb on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|charlie d on Jonathan Papelbon’s ugly…|
|sfsu on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
|willh888 on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages