Apr 5, 2013, 2:51 AM EST
We’ve been doing these so-called “obligatory” check-ups on
James van Riemsdyk all year long. Now let’s do one on Luke Schenn.
After all, he was only the Flyers’ most dominant defenseman
on Thursday night – perhaps even the most important player on the ice in a 5-3
win over the Maple Leafs that extended Philly’s improbable winning streak to
Brother Luke has been solid for the Orange & Black all
season, but he saved his best performance yet for his former team. Schenn
played nearly 26 minutes in Toronto, posting a +3 with five shots on goal, four
blocked shots, and six hits – all of which were Flyers highs.
And just to put the icing on the cake, the elder Schenn
sealed the deal with an empty netter from deep in his own end to mark
his third goal of the season.
Keep in mind the Flyers are already without Nicklas
Grossmann, Braydon Coburn, and Andrej Meszaros. Kimmo Timonen also left the
contest with an unspecified lower-body injury. This kid has every excuse in the
Despite all of that, the 23-year-old Schenn has been a rock.
Sure, James van Riemsdyk managed to score his 15th goal of the season, but
which of the two players would have been more impactful for the Flyers in this encounter? This season?
Schenn had already been enjoying the change of scenery up to
this point, but nights like the one he had against the Leafs make you wonder if
he’s about to arrive as a premier blueliner in the NHL. He put this game on his
With the win, the Flyers are just two points back of a playoff spot. Who would’ve even thought that possible two weeks ago?
>> BOX SCORE [Yahoo!]
|Andrew Kulp on The Eagles are in ridiculously…|
|FREE KWAME!!! on The Eagles are in ridiculously…|
|willh888 on The Evster reviews Wawa’…|
|Matt P. on The Evster reviews Wawa’…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages