Jun 29, 2012, 9:16 PM EST
With Sergei Bobrovsky traded to Columbus and the Flyers in need of a backup to Ilya Bryzgalov, one of the more popular names being thrown around was Martin Biron. If he was on your wishlist, you can go ahead and cross him off. Biron, the former Flyers starter, re-upped with New York and will remain the backup to Henrik Lundqvist. Bob McKenzie broke the news on Friday night via twitter that Biron inked a 2-year deal worth a total of $2.6mil.
Biron’s ever-positive, media-friendly personality and knows-his-role veteran sensibilities were seen as a good complement to Bryzgalov. His familiarity with the local landscape wouldn’t hurt either. All probably among the reasons why the Rangers bucked up to keep him.
Wondering who else is on the free agent market? Capgeek has a good list to consider.
|charles murphy on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|Robert Matthews on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|ericsaxon35 on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|Brian Grasso on Photos and Time Lapse: This is…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages