Jun 22, 2012, 8:28 PM EST
As all the Shea Weber and Ryan Suter and Rick Nash talk has died down, the Flyers have become linked to Bobby Ryan.
Well, that sounds just fine to the New Jersey native who grew up a fan of the Orange and Black.
Said Ryan at a charity golf outing in Idaho today:
The quote comes courtesy Flyers’ writer Randy Miller of South Jersey’s Courier-Post, who adds that the Flyers would be Ryan’s first choice should he indeed be dealt.
So, at what cost Ryan?
Both Miller and Tim Panaccio have written today that the Flyers would be interested in offering a package center around James van Reimsdyk but that Anaheim would want more. Miller says it’s Brayden Schenn they’re after, while Panotch’s source is saying it will take both JVR and either Schenner or last year’s Flyers first round pick Sean Couturier.
As for other concerns over cost, Ryan is a plus-$5 million dollar hit and under contract for the next three seasons. JVR’s new contract is set to kick in this season, a deal that will carry a $4.25 million figure against the cap over each of the next six seasons.
For more, check out Matt P.’s take from earlier today on the logistics of a potential Philly-Anaheim swap for Ryan.
Interested in Ryan? (If yes, what would you be willing to part with?)
Either way, he’s certainly interested in you.
|DMtShooter on Biggest takeaway from Eagles S…|
|DMtShooter on What do the Sixers want with R…|
|willh888 on Cowboys lose, Eagles take over…|
|psudrozz on Here’s a lovely Winter W…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages