Oct 19, 2011, 12:07 PM EST
The morning after the Flyers saw goals scored by three different rookies, they have called up perhaps their most talented young star, Brayden Schenn. Harry Z was one of the rookies who got his name in the paper today, but he’ll be sent to the Phantoms along with Zac Rinaldo to make cap room for Schenn. Jody Shelley is also coming off his five-game suspension.
In addition to the excitement over Schenn suiting up for the Flyers, it will be interesting to see how Schenn’s return impacts the forward lines and playing time, both overall and in power play/penalty killing situations. So far, Peter Laviolette has trusted his young players with tough minutes, late in close games and on the penalty kill. Schenn brings even more versatility to a group that has shown it can play well in every situation, and he’s feeling it right now, tallying four goals and four assists in four AHL games.
Great problem to have if you’re Lavvy and just saw your team throttle the Ottawa Senators, 7-2, to go to 4-0-1 on the young season. If you were the man in the black suit and orange tie, how would you set the lines, Flyers fans?
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|icdogg on Connor Barwin is … THE…|
|Andrew Kulp on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Mostel on The Evster breaks down this ye…|
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages