Nov 14, 2012, 1:19 PM EST
The NHL lockout continues going nowhere, but the AHL plays
on. The Phantoms were in action this morning in Manchester– yes, you read that
right: this morning – tying up the loose ends on a 4-1 victory as many folks in
the region were sitting down for lunch. Brayden Schenn was wide awake and ready
to play though, netting three goals to pace Adirondack.
The Monarchs jumped out to a 1-0 first-period lead, but
three minutes later, Phantoms captain Ben Holmstrom found Schenn on the power
play to knot the score. The game remained even until Schenn found twine again
20 seconds into the third period, assisted by Holmstrom and Eric Wellwood. It
took just five more minutes for the 21-year-old centerman to complete the
hatty, going unassisted to put Adirondack ahead 3-1.
Center Garrett Roe lit the lamp less than two minutes later
via assists by Matthew Ford and Marc Andre-Bourdon. That was enough to get
Manchester’s goalie yanked.
Schenn is now at seven goals for the season with Adirondack,
putting him two behind the AHL league leader. He is also tied for fifth in
points with 14. Schenn and several other Flyers, including Sean Couturier,
were sent down to the minor league affiliate before the lockout began
so they continue gaining experience under the organization’s supervision.
What the front office should be looking into next is whether Schenn
feels more comfortable playing in the a.m. Maybe the Flyers can petition to
have morning games brought up as another issue for the collective bargaining
agreement. You know, because negotiations aren’t dragging on forever already.
Then again, maybe it wasn’t the 10 a.m. start as much as Schenn might’ve had a little something extra for his former team. Schenn appeared in seven games for the Monarchs back when he was a member of the Los Angeles Kings organization.
|Mungman on Why the upcoming free agency b…|
|Turbo on The Evster compares the Sixers…|
|philsoc8 on Which Philadelphia Union playe…|
|Rickie on Hose Report: Turkey Bacon stoo…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return