Mar 27, 2012, 3:51 PM EDT
Semi-good news on the Ilya Bryzgalov injury front. According to CSN’s Sarah Baicker, an MRI revealed a chip fracture in the netminder’s foot, and while Bryz will be unavailable for Thursday’s game against the Toronto Maple Leafs, the Flyers are officially listing him as day to day.
The Inquirer’s Sam Carchidi believes the fracture may have occurred during warmups before last night’s game. Apparently Bryz took a shot off the skate, but the team did not confirm it was the source. He started and finished the game, and the injury is not believed to be serious.
Sergei Bobrovsky will start in net on Thursday for only the second time since February 12. He’s lost in his last three starts, most recently allowing four goals in a 4-1 loss at New Jersey on March 11. Coincidentally, the last time Bob earned a W was against the Leafs on February 9, 4-3.
The Flyers have afternoon games on Saturday and Sunday, so Bob could play at least one of those as well. Obviously, he hasn’t seen much action lately, but now is the time for him to prove his worth.
|BenE. on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|Razor or Mase on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|BenE. on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|brandonphilly on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money