Feb 16, 2012, 10:55 AM EST
The Flyers have lost five of their last six games and their last two in a row. So when the team held its annual poker night arranged by coach Peter Laviolette and the rest of the staff, you assume at least one of them had to win, right?
From Tim Panaccio’s write-up on CSNPhilly.com:
“We got together Monday night for a team poker thing and those are always fun. It brought smiles on guys’ faces, which after a couple losses, is good for us.”
Who was the big winner?
“It was [Jaromir] Jagr’s friend,” said Max Talbot.
Seeing as how Hartnell actually walked away the winner of the 2009 PokerStars NHL Charity Shootout in Las Vegas, we’re assuming this girl knows her cards.
Most of the quotes from the Panotch’s story (and Marcus Hayes’ on Philly.com) seemed to indicate that the guys enjoyed themselves, using the night as a pleasant diversion from their struggles as of late. Before anyone bothers, team building exercises are totally normal during the course of the season and, no, this didn’t stop anyone improving on the ice (except maybe for Jagr, who is known for his late-night skates).
Getting back to the real issue, what do you think Jaromir Jagr’s girlfriend is actually like? I can’t decide if it’s totally appropriate or inappropriate for me to assume she’s like Sterling Archer’s short-lived KGB double-agent lover, Katya Kasanova.
I mean, it’s at least possible she’s like this…right?
|BenE. on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|Franchise on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|2sentz on The 12 best photos from the Ea…|
|Captain_Awesome on Photos and Time Lapse: This is…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages