Sep 24, 2013, 2:39 PM EDT
That’s Claude Giroux’s sweater in his locker stall. He’ll suit up in a game on Tuesday night for the first time since the infamous pitching wedge incident, as the Flyers play their penultimate preseason game against the New Jersey Devils.
Whether Giroux was going to skate—or should for that matter—was a topic of discussion all week, but obviously the Flyers’ captain felt he needed to get some ice time in a live situation. Then again, he also said he probably could have been playing all along. Per Tim Panaccio:
“I mean, it’s the preseason,” Giroux said. “It’s different in the regular season. If this was the regular season, I’d have been playing a long time ago, but it’s just making sure it’s 100 percent and not taking a risk. I mean, we still have a week and half before the season, and I’d be not smart just to rush it.”
We have no doubt Giroux would have been out there if the games counted in the standings, and we’re grateful they soon will. The Flyers’ first regular season puck drop is little more than a week away—October 2 at the Wells Fargo Center.
As for tonight, local readers can catch Giroux’s 2013-14 debut on TCN at 7 p.m, or the game can be viewed nationally on the NHL Network.
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money