Sep 4, 2013, 12:03 PM EDT
Claude Giroux was at the Skate Zone over in Vorhees today working on skating drills but not using his stick because he’s recovering from surgery on the torn tendons in his hand that he injured playing golf a couple of weeks ago.
Many wondered how exactly Giroux sliced his wrist and Tim Panaccio tells the story today featuring right winger Jason Akeson watching Giroux try to get a ball out of the turf.
“He took a pitching wedge and just to punch the ball out,” Akeson said. “He took too much ground and the club snapped in half.”
Giroux walked over to Akeson after the club snapped.
“We gotta go,” he said.
That sounds bad, but this sounds even more ominous:
“My first thought was, well, I’m bleeping panicked,” Giroux said.
Claude is scheduled to be looked at by a doctor later today but he believes he’ll be ready for the Flyers opener on October 2nd.
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Justin on Video: This is what an NFL pla…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money