Sep 4, 2013, 12:03 PM EST
Claude Giroux was at the Skate Zone over in Vorhees today working on skating drills but not using his stick because he’s recovering from surgery on the torn tendons in his hand that he injured playing golf a couple of weeks ago.
Many wondered how exactly Giroux sliced his wrist and Tim Panaccio tells the story today featuring right winger Jason Akeson watching Giroux try to get a ball out of the turf.
“He took a pitching wedge and just to punch the ball out,” Akeson said. “He took too much ground and the club snapped in half.”
Giroux walked over to Akeson after the club snapped.
“We gotta go,” he said.
That sounds bad, but this sounds even more ominous:
“My first thought was, well, I’m bleeping panicked,” Giroux said.
Claude is scheduled to be looked at by a doctor later today but he believes he’ll be ready for the Flyers opener on October 2nd.
|bryan on The ‘Group of Death…|
|Steve on Cowboys lose, Eagles take over…|
|CantStanzaYa on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|Matt S. on Cowboys lose, Eagles take over…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages