Nov 18, 2011, 10:57 AM EST
As a general rule, any attempt by an athlete to grow some sort of interesting facial hair is a welcomed endeavor, especially when it takes place in Movember and could potentially help raise money for a good cause.
But when the facial hair reminds you in any way of San Francisco Giants closer Brian Wilson, well, we don’t know if we’re a fan. That’s the vibe we got last night when we saw Claude Giroux’s dyed ‘stache. G gets incredibly high marks for effort, but it doesn’t appear to be a look he can pull off real well.
One retired hockey blogger said it looked like Giroux “has a black caterpillar on his face.”
It’s hard to disagree. Then again, it’s probably not easy for a ginger to pull of a natural ‘stache either.
That said, Giroux can pretty much do whatever he wants and we’d still praise him.
What says you? You diggin’ Giroux’s new lip warmer?
CAPTION: November 17, 2011; Philadelphia, PA
USA; Philadelphia Flyers center Claude Giroux (28) during pre-game
skate against the Phoenix Coyotes game at the Wells Fargo Center in
Philadelphia. Mandatory Credit: Eric Hartline-US PRESSWIRE
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Chutley on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Mike on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Mostel on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return