Confirmed? Eric Lindros Says He’ll Skate Again as a Flyer, Legion Of Doom Could Reunite for Winter Classic Alumni Game
Oct 26, 2011, 9:36 AM EST
Great news for Flyers fans today, as the long-rumored return of Eric Lindros to the Flyers as part of the Alumni Game at the 2012 Winter Classic has finally been confirmed by Big E himself. Lindros was a guest on the Fan 590 in Toronto this morning, where he reportedly told the hosts he would be coming back to Philly for the event and rejoining one of the greatest lines in Flyers history.
The Legion Of Doom, featuring Lindros, John LeClair, and Mikael Renberg, WAS Flyers hockey while it lasted. A combination of size, toughness, speed, and scoring abilities made them
as dangerous a unit as there was in hockey, and also as entertaining. Can the Flyers get them all back together on December 31?
Everyone knows the Lindros Era ended incredibly poorly, with relations souring between the player and the team very publicly, and long before the end actually came. It’s great to see both sides putting it behind them so that the fans can get one last look at 10-88-19 skating together.
It sounds like Renberg may not have confirmed yet, but provided they can track him down, the biggest stumbling block may have been getting Lindros to commit, and it seems like he now has. More as we hear it, but this is a pretty nice start.
UPDATE: You can listen to Lindros on Fan 590 in Toronto here. The Winter Classic stuff comes in about 4 minutes in.
|David Seasholtz on Looking back at Philadelphia p…|
|Andrew Kulp on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Barry on This outlandish Penn State-the…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages