May 17, 2011, 6:41 PM EST
Unsatisfied with the officiating during the Flyers-Bruins series? So, evidently, was Dan Carcillo.
The National Hockey League has announced that it will suspend Carcillo two games following an incident during the fourth and final game of the Philadelphia Flyers semi-final series with the Boston Bruins. Per the NHL:
Senior Vice President of Hockey Operations Mike Murphy, the man ultimately responsible for the decision to suspend, also reviewed an incident involving Carcillo and linesman Brian Murphy prior to the start of the second period, and obviously right after the confrontation detailed above. Though Murphy believes Carcillo to have been equally in the wrong in this second scenario, he concludes, “While the verbal abuse may have been worthy of a penalty, there is no evidence that Carcillo’s action merits supplemental discipline.”
A restricted free agent, Carcillo will be consequently unavailable for the first two games of next season, regardless of his employing club. The suspension is without pay, and the forfeited cash will be on its way to Players’ Emergency Assistance Fund. Say what you will about Dan Carcillo, but the man cares about charity, and his actions during game four clearly speak to his passion for donation.
Those of you out there who have had the pleasure of reviewing Keith Jones’ autobiography Jonsey—Put Your Head Down and Skate may remember a story in which Flyers’ chairman Ed Snider encouraged Jones to criticize officials after a playoff loss, insisting that he would pay whatever amount Jones’ was eventually fined. Unfortunately, should the team decide to re-up with Carcillo this summer, the league office won’t be allowing Snider as a substitute in the healthy scratch column.
|Jason R. on The Evster compares the Sixers…|
|Webuppp on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|kirk on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Tito Santantana Offt… on Allen Iverson in latest Reebok…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return