May 1, 2012, 10:35 PM EST
The Devils finally broke through in the third period, scoring three goals on Bryzgalov and then adding an empty netter. Adam Larsson, inserted into the lineup in place of the injured Ilya Kovalchuk, tied the game at 1-1 after collecting a nice misdirection pass from former Flyer Dainus Zubrus. Larsson beat Bryz high to the glove side. The goal was a long time coming and in hindsight was probably inevitable.
A little over eight minutes later David Clarkson potted his first of the playoffs – the game winner – cleaning up a rebound in front of Bryzgalov.
Travis Zajac added a third before Bryce Salvador chipped in the empty netter for the final 4-1 margin of victory.
Everything the Flyers did tonight was along the perimeter. Credit to the Devils for funneling play outside, but the Flyers did not seem willing to pay the price to get to the dangerous areas in front of Martin Brodeur (who was called on to make just 19 saves). Perhaps the Flyers were too mindful of Brodeur’s puck-handling ability, which affected their dump-ins, but each time they played a puck to the corner a Devils defenseman was there to win the puck.
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|Jason R. on The Evster compares the Sixers…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return