Jun 30, 2011, 10:37 AM EST
Paul Holmgren’s decision to blow up the core of a Flyers team that got them to the Stanley Cup Finals just a season ago was, for the most part, greeted with moderate approval. But certainly not every fan in Philadelphia was happy. In fact, one fan was so angry with the team’s decision to trade Jeff Carter and Mike Richards that he’s throwing in his orange towel and auctioning off his fan loyalty to the highest bidder. Yes, this has been done before by fans in other cities, but the fun is in the details.
From the eBay listing:
awoke to find that Paul Holmgren had traded Jeff Carter and Mike
Richards from the Philadelphia Flyers. After watching Mr. Holmgren make
one bone-headed move after another for this organization that I have
loved since childhood, I have decided that I cannot take watching him
destroy the team any longer. So I have decided to put my team loyalty up
for sale. The highest bidder will be able to choose the team (with the
exception of the Pittsburgh Penguins and the New Jersey Devils) that I
So yes, he may be abandoning ship, but he would rather die than cheer for the Penguins or the Devils.
We say good riddance to you, Mr. auctioner, for your crappy loyalty will fit whatever team gets you just right. We’re tempted to bid ourselves just to remove you for good from the ranks of Flyers faithful.
Also, is this your eBay listing, SwiftOnSports?
>>Hockey Loyalty for Sale [eBay]
|Mostel on The Evster breaks down this ye…|
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|db21 on Please don’t use the wor…|
|Marvin Monroe on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages