Jun 1, 2012, 1:02 AM EST
I can be the first to admit, there’s nothing quite as awful as receiving a text update about 30 seconds after your team just lost an important game that makes sure you know the exact final score of the game and reminds you of the awful result you just saw. Ugh.
One fan who subscribed to the Pittsburgh Penguins text message alerts has had enough and is suing the team for sending him more texts than he apparently agreed to per week.
The class-action lawsuit says the team violated the Telephone
Consumer Protection Act, which prohibits unsolicited text messages,
because the Penguins website said subscribers would receive no more than
three texts a weeks about breaking news.
Dude got at least four or five!
We can relate, bro. Who wants to be updated on anything Pittsburgh-related anyway?
Although it would be nice to have a text update for any time Sidney Crosby gets punched in the face by Claude Giroux though. Worth going over your text allotment for that one, no doubt.
>>Fan sues Penguins over texts [ESPN]
|t800m101 on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|G_E on GIF: Jason Kelce’s beard…|
|G_E on Photo Gallery and Tweets: Linc…|
|mickthedick on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages