Oct 18, 2011, 10:50 PM EST
What a night from the youngsters, eh? On the postgame following the game Rick Tocchet called Tuesday’s 7-2 win in Ottawa a “drubbing” and that pretty much nailed it.
The Flyers jumped all over the Senators early, netting four first period goals while Bob kept things scoreless after one. This one was all about the new guys, with rookies Sean Couturier and Harry Zolnierczyk tallying their first career NHL goals in the victory. Harry Z’s was so pretty that he became a trending topic on Twitter worldwide. Which makes you wonder, does having a name that’s absolutely impossible to spell help your cause in trending by people abbreviating it to the super cool “Harry Z?”
While Bob wasn’t tested a whole lot early on, and eventually allowed a couple of goals, he also showed that he’s a real solid option for Peter Laviolette to give Ilya Bryzgalov regular rest. After a slow first period, Bob was tested quite a bit in the second and held his own. [video highlights below]
The Flyguys played well in all facets of the game on Ottawa. The power play was scoring and the PK was fantastic on the back of Kimmo Timonen.
The goals the Flyers scored were certainly highlight-worthy. Matt Read put the first of the game in on an absolutely no-angle shot past Auld after showing how dangerous his speed can be. Wayne Simmonds followed that up with a nasty turn-and-rip after fighting for the puck. Claude Giroux continued the scoring with a ripper of his own to make it 3-0. Max Talbot netted his first goal as a Flyer to finish off the period.
4-0 after one and this thing was pretty much over. Nice to see Couturier and Harry Z get on the board late. Jaromir Jagr will score one of these days, you watch.
A 7-2 win tonight to move the team to a fantastic 4-0-1 to start the season. Gotta like what you’re seeing from your Flyers early in October.
An exciting matchup with the undefeated Washington Capitals on Thursday night in South Philadelphia is up next.
Matt Read’s sweet tough-angle finish:
|yishmeister on LeSean McCoy pulls Eagles slei…|
|clmull on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|kbwcpa on LeSean McCoy pulls Eagles slei…|
|Matt S. on LeSean McCoy pulls Eagles slei…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages